- Trials can now be reactivated after switching to a newly-released version of the app.
- Enabled multithreading for the software decoder to improve performance when hardware support is not available.
- Added workaround for macOS bug that caused windows with different aspect ratios to shrink when tabbing between them.
- Fixed bug that caused the memory used by a window to not be released when the window was closed.
- Updated the FFmpeg software libraries from version 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 in order to bring in additional bug fixes.
- Fixed playback of rotated videos (e.g. iPhone videos captured in portrait orientation).
- Updated HDR support on macOS Mojave so that HDR video looks OK on non-HDR displays. Unfortunately, HDR is only fully supported on macOS Catalina or later. Apologies for the incorrect information.
- (macOS Catalina or later) Pass HDR10 metadata to the video renderer so that colors that are brighter than the display can be properly mapped to a color that is supported by the display.
- Fixed crash when playing Windows Media Lossless audio.
- Fixed crash when playing certain files containing AAC audio.
- Fixed playback of Dolby TrueHD audio.
- Fixed playback of ATRAC3, ATRAC9, ATRAC Advanced Lossless, G.723.1, G.729, Monkey’s Audio, MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding, Shorten, Speex, and Windows Media Audio Lossless/Professional/Voice audio.
- Fixed 1-second delay of subtitles when playing certain MP4/MOV files.